- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1 1/3 cup lukewarm water
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup of grated cheese (mozzarella)
TO CREATE THE FACE:
- optional : canned pineapple
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Get your baking sheets ready by sprinkling them with a bit of flour. You can also use baking paper if you want.
- Combine the yeast, sugar and water in a small bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes and wait for little bubbles to form.
- Put flour, oil and salt in a bowl, and slowly add the yeast mixture.
- Mix until a ball of dough is formed.
- Put the dough on the floured, clean surface and knead the dough for a good 5 – 10 minutes until it feels smooth and elastic.
- Return the dough to the bowl, cover with a tea towel and put in a warm place for about 10 minutes so it can rest and double in size.
GET YOUR TOPPINGS READY – AND PLAN YOUR PIZZA
- Roll out your dough ball and start by adding the sauce, and other toppings.
- Make a face out from your favourite toppings!
- Bake for about 15 -20 minutes until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden.
- Baking sheet
- Small bowl for yeast
- Big bowl for dough
- Cup measures
- Teaspoon measures
- Tea towel
- Wooden Spoon
- Rolling pin
- Knife / cutting board
- Oven mitts
- Baking paper (optional)