- 50 g butter, softened
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 2 ½ cups icing sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup peanut butter OR 1 ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 250 g chocolate melts
- Hundreds and Thousands Sprinkles (optional)
- Cover an oven tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients (except the chocolate) with a hand mixer until combined.
(This is where you get to choose whether the eggs are coconut eggs OR peanut butter)
- Wet your hands, then mould a tablespoons sized egg shape and place on the tray.
- Break up the chocolate into a microwave safe glass jug.Heat in the microwave for 40-50 seconds on high. Take it out and stir it with a butterknife. If it starts to melt while stirring, keep stirring. If it needs more time and is still not melted, put it back in the microwave for another 30-40 seconds. Take it out and continue to stir it with a butter knife. Be careful not to overcook!
- Dip the ‘egg’ into the melted -hopefully not so hot- chocolate to cover. Place on the tray.
- Sprinkle with Hundreds and Thousands or sprinkles of your choice, or re drizzle with white chocolate even!
- Place on the baking tray and leave to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Recipe from Piggy Pasta with More Food with Attitude, Scholastic – LittleCooks
- Cup and spoon measures
- Glass jug to use in the microwave to melt the chocolate
- Butter knife to stir
- Baking tray
- Baking paper