- 800g apples
- lemon/lime zest
- 1 and ½ cup flour (equal measures of rice flour and tapioca flour)
- 190 g butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Grease an oven proof dish with a smidge of butter.
- Peel apples, take the core out, slice and dice the apples into small pieces.
- Combine diced apples with lemon zest in a bowl.
- Place flour and butter in a second bowl and rub butter into the flour with your fingertips to make the crumble.
- When the mix resembles breadcrumbs add sugar, cinnamon and coconut, and combine carefully with a fork.
- Place diced apples into the oven proof dish and pile crumble on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- 2 small bowls
- cup and spoon measures
- Cutting board and knife
- oven proof dish