- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 400g can of mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 drizzle of honey
Optional: cheese (1/4 cup for each potato)
Baked Potatoes – 1 per person
- Fill saucepan halfway with water.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes until a little soft.
- Put them in on a baking dish the oven covered with a dash of olive oil and bake for 15 min until fully cooked.
- Take out and rest on plate.
- Heat the oil in the frypan.
- Cook the onion and garlic until the onion is soft. (5 minutes) STIRRING SO IT DOESN’T BURN.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until the beans have softened.
Cut off the top of the COOKED potato, spoon some baked beans in, grate a little cheese on top– and eat!
- Pot of water and lid to boil potatoes
- Oven tray to bake the potatoes on
- Fry pan to cook the beans in
- Can opener
- Tablespoon and
- ½ teaspoon measure
- Knife/cutting board
- Spoon for stirring beans
- 2 big bowls