- 2 cups(250g) Plain flour
- ¾ teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 and ½ teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- ½ cup, packed (100g) Brown sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) Caster sugar
- 4 Tablespoons (60g) Soft butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 and ½cups (350g) Mashed banana (about 3 bananas)
- 1/3 cup (80g) Plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- ½ Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 170C fan bake.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Peel the bananas and place in a food processor to mash.
- Juice the lemon and reserve 1 teaspoon of juice.
- Weigh the butter up in a large bowl and add brown sugar and caster sugar. Beat with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Add mashed banana, yogurt, vanilla essence and lemon juice and beat until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix in on low speed just until combined. The batter will be thick.
- Spoon the batter into the mini loaf tins and divide evenly between the 12 holes.
- Place the mini loaf tins on a baking tray and bake for ca. 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Cool as long as possible in the tins, then carefully take the mini loaves out with a palette knife.
- Dust with icing sugar when cold.
Feel free to use a muffin tin or add chocolate chips to the batch!
Serve with a little bit of butter.
Adapted from: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/cinnamon-swirl-banana-bread/
- Cutting board and knife for butter
- 1 large bowl
- 1 medium bowl
- Hand mixer
- Bowl for rubbish
- Spoon and cup
- Baking tray
- Fork/stick blender
- Food processor
- Mini loaf tins